Kano Analysis look at perceived customer satisfaction to prioritize a product feature or user story. Kano Analysis looks at five categories:
- Must-be quality (Dissatisfiers / Basic): ignored when met, dissatisfied when not met
- One-dimensional quality (Satisfiers / Performance): spoken attributes that are promises
- Attractive quality (Delighters): nice-to have features, but not necessarily required
- Indifferent quality (Neutral): customers are indifferent to the quality feature
- Reverse quality: some customers will love, others will hate the feature
It should be noted that customer satisfaction and expectations change over time and therefore need to be reviewed and addressed on an ongoing basis.